This is a story that Jay Leno calls a classic.
Let me start by telling you that this story is true and is a great example of how something that could have gone really badly ended up being used for good. Only the names and locations have been changed to protect the guilty.
I was about 18 years old in my hometown of Grand Rapids, Mich., doing one of my favorite things – fishing. (Yeah, black people fish.) The lake we were fishing at, however, was in “East Grand Rapids,” which at that time meant “rich white folks only.”
It was getting dark out, and my dad and I just brought the boat ashore. (I know what song just came to your mind right now: “Michael, Row Your Boat Ashore…” Stop it and stay focused.)
After landing the boat, I had to go get the truck and trailer that were about a mile’s walk, so instead of walking I started jogging. Then, a white lady who was also jogging came around the corner in front of me. After about 10 feet or so, she noticed that I was behind her and instantly started to run faster. Unfortunately, because her head was turned, she tripped over the grass and fell down. It seemed like she had hurt herself yet she was desperately trying to get away from me.
At this point, all I wanted to do was help her or see if she needed me to get help, but I couldn’t. She was so afraid of me, or what she thought I represented, that all she could do was panic.
I’d like to know what would’ve happened if I had stuck around after she screamed. There was a police station just down the street and pedestrians not too far off. Likely, I would have gone to jail that night and maybe even have been convicted of something. It would have been my word against hers. So instead I just ran off; I couldn’t even do what I knew was right.
This was really a hard thing to have gone through, for both of us. I couldn’t even bring myself to talk about this for almost a year or so after it happen.
But thanks to my ability to look at things from a different perspective, I have been able to take this seemingly bad situation and use it to bring laughter to millions.
Michael Jr. and his team use the input from Facebook fans to come up with new comedy!
It’s time for some comedy co-writing!! Now known as “Last Comments Standing.” This week’s premise is… Stores like Ross, Marshalls, and TJ Maxx.
Leave whatever comments you like on this subject, then checkback here to see my team and I going thru your comments on May 14th.Then on the 24th see the results.
This is where comedian Michael Jr writes develops some comedy metiral with his fans. To join the fun go to www.facebook.com/michaeljrFans on the 4th, 14th, and thw 24th of any month thru 2012. This is the video from the 24th “the fans joke being put on stage in Los Angeles”
This is a the video of michael jr and his team writing a joke with his Facebook fans on the subject of “the throwback jersey”
Let’s write a joke together. I’m about to leave you a joke premise.All you have to do is leave your thoughts on the subject in thecomment area (here, funny is not a must). Me and my friends will takea look at your comments in hopes to make the funny happen. Check backhere on the 14th to see a video of us in action and working on thejoke. Then on the 24th, on this Facebook page, see me perform OURJOKE in front of a LIVE audience.
The Premise: “The THROW BACK JERSEY”ready, set, comment!
Let’s have some Facebook Fun together
- James Lex – “I got free tickets to “the game.”
- LeRoy Jenkins - “Tebow’s playing”
- Brandon Wald - ” Today’s not Easter or mothers day”
- Alie Makk – “I couldn’t get the stamp off of my hand from the night before.”
- Linda M. Brown – “ I can watch it on tv.”
- Linda M. Brown - “All they want is my money.”
- Ronald Lee Gentry- “God has Blessed me Enough, already!!”
- Gary Murrieta – “ On the 7th day God rested. If it’s good enough for God it’s good enough for me…”
- Kelly Carriker- “ I will get struck by lightning.”
- Brittany Noller – “I don’t need to go to church to be a Christian”
- James Farmer- “Why go to Church when I have a Wife at home who is always preaching to me….”
- Allison Cupertino – “You tell him you love him and he says, “Thanks.”"
- Hunter Snelson - ” When she pulls you away from Christ!!!”
- Stacey Bailey - “ They take out a restraining order against you.”
- Brant Smith – “ she says, “you’re such a good man. A much better man that I used to be.”"
- Mike A Jackson – “When she asks you for advice on how to get back together with her baby daddy.”
- Randy Hurtado - “HER name is Fred”
- Zach Rudolph- “If he spent $150 on his shoes but makes you pay for dinner”
- Jack Plew – “When she’s fam!”
- Pam Gessler- “If he starts out by telling you how much he hates marriage.”
- Colleen Sommers – “When he says we aren’t breaking up but i want to date other people. And i would be thrilled to see you with someone else.”
- Tad Griffin- ” She’s wearing a wedding ring and you two aren’t married.”
- Michael Grant – “The restraining order”
- Brant Smith - “ If you’re at a fancy dinner and the camera crew from Cheaters shows up.”
- Wanda Rose Bush - “ If they’ve changed their relationship status on Facebook back to “single.”"
- Arthur Croswell – “As your sitting together watching TV, the commercial for eHarmony comes on and they comment “Oh, that looks interesting.”"
- Haley Cox – “He or she brings you their two weeks notice”
- Danielle Boone – “She has this really pretty, smart, fun friend and thinks you two would be so perfect together.”
- Kelly Carriker - “They invite you over to meet new boy/girl friend”
- Stephen Taylor – “When she always cancels dates because her grandmother just died, and apparently she has over 6 grandmothers”
- Steve Lopez – “They’re aiming a laser pointer at your forehead.”
- Allen Schrock – “You receive a wedding invitation with a post it note attached that says…call me we need to talk.”
- Angela Jackson - “ If you just saw ur face pop up on America’s Most Wanted with them sitting next to you.”
- Arthur Croswell – “When Jay Leno can’t even find 10 funny things about how bad your team is.”
- Kristen Grant – “When the star player’s jersey retailed at Walmart for a discount price.”
- Mauricio Valerdi – “We played against Tebow.”
- Alex O’Leary – “ Your punter and field goal kicker are your two top players.”
- Julian Humphrey – “When you start calculating how high your draft pick will be and who you can get.”
- Collin Slaughter – “ When they didn’t win!!!!”
- Joshua McNeal- “Half way through the season, your owner dies.”
- Allen D. Jennings – “Martha Stewart was helping them with their investment strategies.”
- Joe Ryan – “ That Peyton Manning wasn’t going to play this season!!!”
- Van Sliger – “Lack of time and a simultaneous point shortage……when it mattered most.”
- Mike Thornton - “When the water boy left the stadium.”
- Gary Murrieta – “Everytime you go to pick up your date, her father sitting on the porch cleaning his GUN!!!”
- Robert Andrade - “The dad says,”my daughter isn’t here.” (as she stands behind him) and slams door.”
- Monica McIver- “They already call you “The Ex”.”
- Danielle Boone – “They’ve affectionately nicknamed you “The Temp”.“
- Michael Almeida – “Everyone is sitting at the table eating dinner and they put your plate on the floor next to the dog bowl“
- Michael Garcia – “when u go back to the house for the second date and they say,”huh, guess you didnt get the hints from our last encounter.”
- Michael Almeida- “They introduce you to friends and family as their gardener.”
- TyAnn Stewart – “They talk about “the one that got away” all through dinner and feel the need to inform their son, she’s available again. wink wink …true story”
- Arthur Croswell – “Everytime you call, they answer the phone disguising their voice as foreigners from Papua New Guinea.”
- Gary Murrieta – “When you pull up to the house they shut the curtains, turn off the lights and you can hear in the background “shhhh I don’t want him to hear us.”"
- Amanda Burnett-Freyre - “If you walk in to meet the family and the parents start laughing and looking around asking “am I being PUNK’D right now?!?!”"
- Dawn Davis – “When they have hourly rates….”
- Joshua McNeal - “The pool has a thin layer of pond scum floating on the top.”
- TyAnn Stewart- “When the air conditioner/heater works on quarters.”
- Joshua McNeal – “The parking lot doubles as a used car dealership.”
- Robert Andrade – “ When there’s an inflatable gorilla on the roof.”
- Angela Jackson – ” Bullet proof glass between you and the desk clerk.”
- Joshua McNeal- “The room key has a can of mace attached to it.”
- Kelly Carriker – “Free bug spray with every 2nd night stay!”
- Drew Strickland – “More than two locks in the door and the windows have bars on it.”
- Robert Andrade – “the chalk outline in the room.”
- Karen Jackson Cook - “ You are awkened at 3am by the roaches yelling that you are stealing the covers and could you kindly roll over on your side, your snoring is keeing them awake.”
- Michael Almeida – “If youre pushing your car more than actually driving it.”
- Robert Andrade - “When your wife takes your’s in the divorce.”
- Arthur Croswell – “There’s an office pool every morning with 10 to 1 odds that your car won’t make it.”
- Robert Andrade – “When you carry a bike in the trunk just in case.”
- Michael Almeida – “ When your passengers slouch in their seat real low so they cant be seen by others”
- Rob Hill – ” When even the hitchhiker who is carrying a bloody ax is too frightened to get in.”
- Jason Johnson – “You know its time to get a new car when the guy at the valet tips You to park it yourself.”
- Joshua McNeal – “When the used car salesman bursts in laughter when you mention a trade in.”
- Robert Andrade – “When you go to open door and it falls off, your windows are plastic wrap, and your hood flies off on the freeway.”
- TyAnn Stewart – “When “roll your window down” means take the duct tape of the trash bag.”
- Rachel Utley Leighton - “When your husbands says to you, “Don’t panic if it stalls while your driving. Just put in N, jiggle the steering wheel and it’ll fire back up”. Comforting advice! “
- Lynn Rowland – “When they say the french fries that fall out in the bottom of the bag don’t count.”
- Michael Almeida - “When you see theyve checked into burger king on their facebook.”
- Janine Swenson – “When they follow it with, “No, don’t laugh, I REALLY mean it this time”
- Arthur Croswell – “When their motivation Scripture goes from “More than a conqueror” to “We all fall short”"
- Joshua McNeal – “ Food commercials make them go into a cold sweat.”
- Linda King Edwards – ” When their diet coke comes with a Big Mac and Fries.”
- Donald Martin – “Wallet full of mc donalds Gift cards.”
- Robert Andrade – “They say,”I’ll try again next year.”"
- Joshua McNeal – ” They begin to encourage you to break your resolution.”
- Toby E. Phillips – “When they order a salad, but spend the whole meal staring at your steak”
- Rev. Armond S. Floyd – “ If you randomly say “steak”, and their eyes roll back in their heads… They say “oh yeah” & you can hear “Bow chicka wow wow” music…”